Adding an extra tank to your air compressor can be a great way to increase its capacity and performance. There are a few different ways that you can do this, and the best method will depend on your specific needs and setup. In general, you will need to connect the new tank to the existing one using a T-fitting or Y-fitting, and then run a pipe from the output of the new tank to the input of the old one. This will allow the air to flow from the new tank into the old one, and then be compressed by the compressor. You may also need to install a check valve in the line to prevent the air from flowing back into the new tank.
Advance Tips: How To Add Extra Tank To Air Compressor
If you’re a contractor or do-it-yourselfer who often uses an air compressor, you know how frustrating it can be when the tank runs out of air before you’re finished with your project. It’s not always convenient or possible to stop what you’re doing and wait for the compressor to recharge, so you may be wondering if there’s a way to add an extra tank to your air compressor.
The good news is that there is a way to add an extra tank to your air compressor, and it’s actually quite simple. All you need is a second air compressor tank and a few basic tools.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to adding an extra tank to your air compressor:
- 1. Turn off your air compressor and disconnect it from the power source.
- 2. Locate the air compressor’s drain valve and open it to release any air that’s still in the tank.
- 3. Using a wrench, loosen the bolts that connect the air compressor’s tank to the body of the machine.
- 4. Carefully remove the tank from the air compressor.
- 5. Place the second air compressor tank in the same position as the first tank.
- 6. Tighten the bolts that connect the tank to the air compressor body.
- 7. Close the air compressor’s drain valve.
- 8. Reconnect the air compressor to the power source and turn it on.
- 9. Check the pressure gauge to make sure the air compressor is working properly.
Now that you know how to add an extra tank to your air compressor, you can rest assured that you’ll never run out of air in the middle of a project again. Just be sure to follow the steps above carefully to avoid damaging your air compressor.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I add an extra tank to my air compressor?
In most cases, you will need to purchase a separate air compressor tank to add to your existing unit. However, depending on the size and model of your air compressor, you may be able to add an extra tank by connecting it directly to the unit.
2. What are the benefits of adding an extra tank to my air compressor?
Adding an extra tank to your air compressor can increase the amount of air storage, which can be helpful if you plan on using your air compressor for extended periods of time. Additionally, an extra tank can help to improve the overall performance of your air compressor.
3. How do I know if an extra tank is compatible with my air compressor?
When purchasing an extra tank for your air compressor, be sure to check the compatibility with your specific model. Additionally, you will need to determine the size of the new tank, as this will affect the installation process.
If you need more air storage for your air compressor, you can add an extra tank. This will give you more air capacity and allow you to store more air for use. You can either purchase an extra tank or build one yourself. Building an extra tank is not as difficult as it may sound. You will need some basic tools and materials, but the process is relatively straightforward. Once you have your extra tank, you will need to plumb it into your existing air compressor system. This can be done with some basic plumbing supplies. Once your extra tank is plumbed in, you will need to fill it with air. This can be done with an air compressor or with a hand pump. Once your extra tank is full, you will have more air storage for your air compressor. This will allow you to use your air compressor more frequently and for longer periods of time.